The time between markets seems to go very quickly – one market has barely finished and planning for the next one is well underway. The days have been beautiful in the last week – cold mornings to start with (not all that pleasant for the early morning market starts) but have then warmed up to glorious winter’s days. Hopefully Saturday won’t be any different.
This Saturday there are a couple of new cakes to try. You can choose from:
- Ginger Syrup
- Sticky Chocolate
- Banana, Raspberry & Coconut
- Pumpkin, Walnut & Raisin
- Rocket & Pecorino (this is a great savoury loaf which is perfect at this time of year with soup)
- Lemon Drizzle
- Zucchini & Raisin
The last two are gluten free. There will also be a couple of new tarts as well as some favourites.
- Mexican Egg
- Fennel, Kale & Goats Cheese
- Vegetable & Lentil with Sweet Potato
- Carrot Galette
- Mixed Mushroom
- Quinoa Stuffed Capsicum
- Salted Caramel Meringue
- Bakewell (homemade strawberry jam on the base covered with an almond sponge. An old English recipe that is delicious)
There will be plain, cranberry and savoury olive and feta scones as well as some gingernut biscuits. Lots of things to choose from. If you want to make certain that you don’t miss out, leave me a message and I can put it aside for you.